I’ve really developed a taste for orange-flavoured hot chocolate this winter. I don’t normally drink hot chocolate but we’ve been making frequent boredom-busting trips to coffee shops and I don’t always fancy a coffee. Costa do a delicious orange hot chocolate using orange simple syrup and so I decided to make my own version, using orange zest instead of syrup to reduce the amount of sugar going into it.
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 200ml milk
- 30g/3 pieces (approx.) chocolate
- zest of ½ orange
- Add milk and orange zest to a saucepan and warm through on a low heat.
- Strain the milk, removing the zest, and return to the saucepan.
- Add the chocolate to the pan and stir until melted.
- Optional: Before serving, whisk the hot chocolate until it is frothy – a balloon whisk will do it but I love using my Aerolatte whisk!